Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Need Maya assistance
Griffin
post Sep 15 2007, 02:01 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 682

I am very new to maya, so these questions may seem obvious to those of you who are more familiar with tthe program, but anyway, I cant seem to find any tutorials (not that I have really looked that hard) that give me the answers im looking for.

1. ok, say i make a nice little pattern in PS. forest floor for example. how do i bring this tile into maya so i can use it to texture my creation?

2. Im interested in possibly playing around with some WoW models in maya. is this possible? ive tried importing them from the cache but it doesnt work.

thanks in advance.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bearanimations
post Apr 24 2008, 01:13 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 2,111

QUOTE (Griffin @ Sep 14 2007, 06:01 PM) *
I am very new to maya, so these questions may seem obvious to those of you who are more familiar with tthe program, but anyway, I cant seem to find any tutorials (not that I have really looked that hard) that give me the answers im looking for.

1. ok, say i make a nice little pattern in PS. forest floor for example. how do i bring this tile into maya so i can use it to texture my creation?

2. Im interested in possibly playing around with some WoW models in maya. is this possible? ive tried importing them from the cache but it doesnt work.
thanks in advance.

1. not sure
2. get milkshape and wow model viewer. go into wow model viewer and select you model. then go to file<export model. save it and open it up in milkshape then hit file<export and export it to maya fbx. i know this works cause ive gotten it into maya ple before

+Quote Post
UnStunted
post Jul 2 2008, 02:39 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 690

QUOTE (bearanimations @ Apr 24 2008, 11:13 AM) *
1. not sure
2. get milkshape and wow model viewer. go into wow model viewer and select you model. then go to file<export model. save it and open it up in milkshape then hit file<export and export it to maya fbx. i know this works cause ive gotten it into maya ple before

Obj works just as well out of milkshape into maya if ya having fbx issues
Save your images in any regular file format, tga, tiff, jpg (keeping in mind which ones support alpha's if you need transparencies) and use your filein nodes in maya to assign these to your shaders color channels etc in the hypershade

+Quote Post
SoulReaver
post Oct 27 2008, 05:36 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 1,038

well ive been experimenting a lot all i can say for the first one is that you could try to export the terrain file but i hardly think there is such a converter yet. Also it's verry peosible to play around with WoW models in maya i have a milkshape plugin that import's direcly with texture. Also you would probably look for tutorilas on web get familariez with the workflow and start making real animations. Don't just stick with low WoW poly models make your own.

--------------------

+Quote Post
bearanimations
post Nov 4 2008, 11:36 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 2,111

QUOTE (SoulReaver @ Oct 27 2008, 09:36 AM) *
well ive been experimenting a lot all i can say for the first one is that you could try to export the terrain file but i hardly think there is such a converter yet. Also it's verry peosible to play around with WoW models in maya i have a milkshape plugin that import's direcly with texture. Also you would probably look for tutorilas on web get familariez with the workflow and start making real animations. Don't just stick with low WoW poly models make your own.

a guy (post is here http://www.wowmodelviewer.org/forum/index.php?topic=3987.0) on wow model viewer forums just finished making an importer that can import bones as well as the model and textures. he says animation is on the way soon and another person already made it work with 3ds max, so im pretty sure it will work out well with maya. there are also a few other posts on that forum for riggin and texturing wow models, but there in 3ds max. anyways hope this helps.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th November 2019 - 01:17 PM| Skin Developed By Creative Networks