IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Blender for animation.....anyone use it?
Sokall
post Apr 11 2007, 08:54 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 509

Blender is a free open source modeling and (i think) animation program, i'm not sure how many of you know of it, or even use it, but....

can it pair with wowmodelviewer to animate things?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Darjk
post Apr 11 2007, 09:35 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 456

The 2 programs are very different. One is a viewer, one is an editor. One pre-renders everything, one renders everything in real time. Etc.

In regards to an editor, its decent for being free however I'd prefer pretty much any other 3d editor program over it from Bryce 3D to Rhino to Milkshape to Lightwave. From what I've seen thus far.. most linux based apps have *horrible* GUI's.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Thundara
post Apr 12 2007, 04:12 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 170

QUOTE (Darjk @ Apr 11 2007, 02:35 PM) *
The 2 programs are very different. One is a viewer, one is an editor. One pre-renders everything, one renders everything in real time. Etc.

In regards to an editor, its decent for being free however I'd prefer pretty much any other 3d editor program over it from Bryce 3D to Rhino to Milkshape to Lightwave. From what I've seen thus far.. most linux based apps have *horrible* GUI's.

Well, there's a script out there to import WoW Models straight into 3ds max, so if you're creating your own animations that's probably the best way to go, that way you don't have to worry about rerigging all the bones. If you don't have the budget for that kind of program, you could always download the trial, import the model, then export it to something usable by Maya, which has a completely free non-commercial download. Or, you could always just use GMax.
Don't think animation will be easy though, 3d programs tend to be very complex and take a while to learn even the basics.

+Quote Post
JohnnyTrio
post Apr 13 2007, 02:07 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 488

Took me a year.

--------------------

+Quote Post
bearanimations
post Apr 23 2008, 08:14 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 2,111

actully getting wow models into blender is not too hard . theres an m2 import script that allows you to get the minto blender. it is definitly worth it to take the time to learn how to use it. you can make awesome machinima that way

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st February 2019 - 02:07 PM| Skin Developed By Creative Networks