Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How do you make a movie after all
Ender
post May 3 2007, 02:25 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 540

I have poured thru quite a few written pieces of "technical" documentation on making movies.
I've also spent many man hours that I care to remember just "playing" with premier.

In this time I've been able to make quite a few good WoW movies using the Adobe Media Encoder which uses WMP codecs and preety much does it all for you.
However many people don't have these codecs and often the movies are rather large.

So the anwser is the question.

You use Fraps and record your wow footage at 1280 x 1024 60 fps
Is that a good resolution/fps?

You create a new project, make sure it matches the resolution and frames nothing else seems to matter so you leave the rest.

Then you import your footage into premier. Cut and paste add titles all that random stuff you learn from guides and just messing around.

Save it at least 50 times an hour.

Head up to File->Export->Movie

Click on the settings button and video tab. Here you can choose your codec, I would like to try DivX 6.6 or Xvid. But theres a bunch of options in there and everyone seems to say (no settings are right every time).

So we try DivX 6.6, well since we have 1280 x 1024 I guess we need 1080HD mode because none of the other modes listed seem to allow anything that big.

Bit of multipass action, sort the bitrate to the length of the movie and it calculates it for you (yay?)
Leave everything else at default interlace at progressive source.

Everything seems to be in order.

Well if you did it all right it should encode away, if not it will just freeze and of course give no errors or anything indicating what you did wrong (try changing the profile)

It encodes away, once finished yay black screen. No movie, nothing.
Hmm nothing I seem to do results in an output of actual movie, I have changed every setting I can imagine.

So I try other codecs with limited success and end up going back to the Adobe Media Encoder.

All the tools in the world, but I feel its just over my head.
I may take a course in this subject, but machinima is not yet a recognized study ;)

So if anyone has some suggestions or just thinks I'm crazy throw it to me.
I know this stuff takes a long time to learn so maybe I am just impatient.

I would really like to learn so I can teach others. I'm thinking simple wow movies with 30 mins of training is where I'm heading with this.

Thanks

End
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Thundara
post May 3 2007, 11:02 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 170

Step 1: Get fraps.
Step 2:
Step 3: Profit!

And...60 fps is way too much...aim to record at around 25-30
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th July 2019 - 09:54 AM| Skin Developed By Creative Networks