Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Lighting program?
gombie
post Aug 30 2008, 12:44 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,601

Hi ive recently started on my own machinima but i want it to be.. well perfect ofcourse.

i have a question about lightning, to get the lighting on the models from model viewers correct so they look natural within the "set" ive seen many wow machinimas with great lighting effects on models, especially ones by BaronSoosdon. and the recent, scarlet thorn machinima.

how do i go about to great the right lighting? from model viewer theres an option to load and save lighting? is there a program i have to use in conjunction with that?

my video editor is sony vegas and i cant seem to figure out how to use lighting effects.

thanks very much!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mushanga
post Aug 30 2008, 07:41 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 885

Those light effects are usually achieved by color correction. There are several effects in Sony Vegas you can use to achieve this, for example Color Curves and Color Correction.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sedrin of slashd...
post Aug 30 2008, 06:21 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 644

WoW Model Viewer has the capability to set up and disable light sources around the model, as you might have guessed from the presence of a Lighting menu. What's not so obvious is that you have to select "Show light control" in the View menu before you can see those controls. :P

--------------------

+Quote Post
gombie
post Aug 30 2008, 08:37 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 2,601

another question!

ive seen movies where those ingame shadows (the circle shadow) show up in the movies, yet i dont see how it could be filmed ingame, how do you get these wow shadows into the video?

+Quote Post
Pinkhair
post Sep 14 2008, 05:01 AM
Post #5

Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 849

Fake it with a blurry black circle.

--------------------

+Quote Post
JacKThERiPPeR
post Apr 1 2009, 01:05 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 1,234

I'd suggest more than a circle fake it with a duplicate of the character or thing you might want to make it's shadow. You just blur that duplicate and set it's levels to full black.
I used to do it on a now abandoned machinima music video called "Vida", just to stick to the original photos of my city.
You might want also to, if you're too lazy to touch lighting settings in WMV, color correct things. In After Effects, I use Automatic Color, I don't know how is that on Vegas.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th November 2019 - 12:23 PM| Skin Developed By Creative Networks