Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Question about Adobe After Effects
Lawladin
post Dec 19 2007, 07:24 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,202

I know this is a good program to use for.. well.. after effects. But is it possible to use it with Vegas 8.0 instead of Premiere? If not, what is a similar program that is compatible with Vegas?

[Entering day 2 of machinima-making, forgive my noobiness in all aspects of machinima]
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
UnStunted
post Dec 19 2007, 02:34 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 690

QUOTE (Lawladin @ Dec 19 2007, 06:24 PM) *
I know this is a good program to use for.. well.. after effects. But is it possible to use it with Vegas 8.0 instead of Premiere? If not, what is a similar program that is compatible with Vegas?

[Entering day 2 of machinima-making, forgive my noobiness in all aspects of machinima]

I'd use after effects for it all
the benefits of an editing package usually comes from the vid cards they can real time though
though I'm not aware of whats real time without propriety cards atm I still cut everything together in AE myself due to ram previews being the bomb.
Comp gets to big, rip out bits to uncompressed avi and pop em back in save new version ....

+Quote Post
Lawladin
post Dec 19 2007, 03:14 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (UnStunted @ Dec 19 2007, 06:34 AM) *
I'd use after effects for it all
the benefits of an editing package usually comes from the vid cards they can real time though
though I'm not aware of whats real time without propriety cards atm I still cut everything together in AE myself due to ram previews being the bomb.
Comp gets to big, rip out bits to uncompressed avi and pop em back in save new version ....

Ok, so I can use After Effects with Vegas? How? Because when I try to open my vegas project in after effects, I get a "not compatible" message. Sorry, I found your reply slightly confusing :P, not sure if I get what you're saying.

+Quote Post
StoneFalconProdu...
post Dec 20 2007, 07:09 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 446

QUOTE (Lawladin @ Dec 19 2007, 07:14 AM) *
Ok, so I can use After Effects with Vegas? How? Because when I try to open my vegas project in after effects, I get a "not compatible" message. Sorry, I found your reply slightly confusing :P, not sure if I get what you're saying.

After Effects is an image manipulation and compositing program, not an editing program per se and I don't recommend using it as such. I would liken it to a moving version of Photoshop. Of course you can't open a Vegas Project in AE, it's a completely different concept. You might as well try to open it in Maya or something.

It doesn't matter what editing program you use After Effects with, as the program can output a very versatile array of media types. But the pipeline usually goes: Capture your raw media ---> import raw media into AE and composite/color correct/add effects ----> render completed AE shot ---> import rendered shot into editing program and place in timeline.

That help?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lawladin
post Dec 21 2007, 12:34 AM
Post #5

QUOTE (StoneFalconProductions @ Dec 20 2007, 11:09 AM) *
After Effects is an image manipulation and compositing program, not an editing program per se and I don't recommend using it as such. I would liken it to a moving version of Photoshop. Of course you can't open a Vegas Project in AE, it's a completely different concept. You might as well try to open it in Maya or something.

It doesn't matter what editing program you use After Effects with, as the program can output a very versatile array of media types. But the pipeline usually goes: Capture your raw media ---> import raw media into AE and composite/color correct/add effects ----> render completed AE shot ---> import rendered shot into editing program and place in timeline.

That help?

Yes, it does. I loaded up a clip I wanted to add effects too, but was dissapointed :P.

I was unable to find effects like some I saw in TotPIII. For instance, I couldn't locate any sort of animation/graphic that resembled the brief white sparks of two swords clashing into each other. This animation is used constantly in TotPand it's basically the only animation I need, know of any programs that have something like that in them?

+Quote Post
Saturos
post Dec 21 2007, 12:49 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 535

I could imagine that this effect is either one from within the game itself, if that's the case, you'll have to use an .mpq extractor like MyWarcraftStudio and retrieve the files yourself.

Other than that, it could be a particle effect he altered to look like sparks, I really have no idea. You could always ask him, but I doubt that he has the time to go through every e-mail he has received. You're probably best off writing a topic on his forum at www.talesofthepast.com and wait for him to answer :)

+Quote Post
Lawladin
post Dec 21 2007, 12:55 AM
Post #7

QUOTE (Saturos @ Dec 20 2007, 04:49 PM) *
I could imagine that this effect is either one from within the game itself, if that's the case, you'll have to use an .mpq extractor like MyWarcraftStudio and retrieve the files yourself.

Other than that, it could be a particle effect he altered to look like sparks, I really have no idea. You could always ask him, but I doubt that he has the time to go through every e-mail he has received. You're probably best off writing a topic on his forum at www.talesofthepast.com and wait for him to answer :)

Great idea, thanks. Ill go post there :)

+Quote Post
Forgotten Light
post Dec 21 2007, 05:34 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 676

QUOTE (Saturos @ Dec 20 2007, 04:49 PM) *

Its the Shield Slam graphic. You'll find it under spells in the Model Viewer

--------------------

"There is only one stupid question. And it is 'How do I make it so that...' Please. Never ask it."

I hate the .divx format. I hate machinima.com. I hate them both for the exact same reason.

"If answerers elude you, it is likely you are asking the wrong questions." - Some old dude.

+Quote Post
Lawladin
post Dec 21 2007, 05:59 AM
Post #9

QUOTE (Forgotten Light @ Dec 20 2007, 09:34 PM) *
Its the Shield Slam graphic. You'll find it under spells in the Model Viewer

Ah, thank you. But just to be clear, are you sure it isn't called shield bash impact? Because that's the one im looking at right now and it does look similar to the one in totp3. Just trying to be 100% sure haha.

+Quote Post
Forgotten Light
post Dec 21 2007, 11:18 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 676

QUOTE (Lawladin @ Dec 20 2007, 09:59 PM) *
Ah, thank you. But just to be clear, are you sure it isn't called shield bash impact? Because that's the one im looking at right now and it does look similar to the one in totp3. Just trying to be 100% sure haha.

If you found something that looks the way you want, does it really matter? :biggrin: (Actually I think the game uses that same graphic for several shield-based abilities)

--------------------

"There is only one stupid question. And it is 'How do I make it so that...' Please. Never ask it."

I hate the .divx format. I hate machinima.com. I hate them both for the exact same reason.

"If answerers elude you, it is likely you are asking the wrong questions." - Some old dude.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th November 2019 - 01:07 PM| Skin Developed By Creative Networks