Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> making it look "real"
gombie
post Sep 1 2008, 04:16 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,601

okay ive asked quite a few questions now :) but things are starting to shape nicely and i just need a few more questions answered before i start my little project.

first question:

when you place something from model viewer into sony vegas, it does not fit well, it seems obvious that it is not part of the original clip. im guessing you have to blend colors and such but it makes it even more unrealistic when i change it.

what are the best steps to get model viewer clips to fit perfectly the lighting im guessing is the key but i cant seem to get it to fit properly? i also have after effects and sony vegas but im still getting a grasp with it. could someone post a tutorial on it or explain step by step here how to do it with model viewer in particular?

second question:

also what is the best/efficient way to make a machinima?
for example, if i wanted to make a fight scene with speech using model viewer with different angles what would be the most efficient way to produce it??

e.g! first film all the sets and camera angles, then import them into vegas and configure XXX then film each model viewer for each camera angle etc etc etc.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Justin
post Sep 4 2008, 07:15 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 656

1) Apply approx. the same color changes or tint to all the layers in the picture (e.g. If it's winter zone, bright blue colors, if it's hotter, more red and orange). You just have to play with it.

2) Pre-Production is almost everything

--------------------

+Quote Post
ahato360
post Oct 7 2008, 12:20 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 2,545

For the second question.

You can go through the scene but have a diff angle each time, it's not unusual to have hours of footage, choose from the angle's and work your magic :)

+Quote Post
Silverlined_Prod...
post Feb 22 2009, 06:47 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 3,975

In model viewer use a tool called Light Control to set the lighting of your character to match the surroundings within the clip. If your character was in Icecrown for example your character will have this blueish color to him/her. After that you could go into even more detail with your lighting by using a Video Effect in Vegas called bump map. It kinda puts a spotlight on your character but you can adjust it to give your character a nice lighting effect.

Examples:

All three characters were made in model viewer and edited into the clips using Sony Vegas 7.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ahato360
post Feb 23 2009, 11:41 AM
Post #5

QUOTE (Silverlined_Productions @ Feb 22 2009, 01:47 AM) *
In model viewer use a tool called Light Control to set the lighting of your character to match the surroundings within the clip. If your character was in Icecrown for example your character will have this blueish color to him/her. After that you could go into even more detail with your lighting by using a Video Effect in Vegas called bump map. It kinda puts a spotlight on your character but you can adjust it to give your character a nice lighting effect.

Examples:

All three characters were made in model viewer and edited into the clips using Sony Vegas 7.

Can't you do shadows in model viewer as well?

+Quote Post
Silverlined_Prod...
post Feb 23 2009, 05:28 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 3,975

I always have just done lighting on the characters in model viewer, then have done the real time shadows in Vegas. No idea if you can do real time shadows in model viewer though.

--------------------

+Quote Post
JacKThERiPPeR
post Mar 30 2009, 09:31 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 1,234

I use to make quick 'n' dirty realistic light settings for WoW characters, using in After Effects some kind of automatic levels and hue-saturation settings. I need to think whatsoever in light settings from WMV.
If I still have the video I'm working on, I'd show you my works on shadows set to my city's photographs.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ahato360
post May 30 2009, 10:53 AM
Post #8

QUOTE (JacKThERiPPeR @ Mar 30 2009, 05:31 AM) *
I use to make quick 'n' dirty realistic light settings for WoW characters, using in After Effects some kind of automatic levels and hue-saturation settings. I need to think whatsoever in light settings from WMV.
If I still have the video I'm working on, I'd show you my works on shadows set to my city's photographs.

Actually in AE i believe you can just duplicate the WMV layer, change it to black, lower the opacity, feather it, and place it along the wall/floor so it fits with the lighting. Then you have your shadow.

+Quote Post
JacKThERiPPeR
post Jun 9 2009, 03:26 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 1,234

QUOTE (ahato360 @ May 30 2009, 03:53 AM) *
Actually in AE i believe you can just duplicate the WMV layer, change it to black, lower the opacity, feather it, and place it along the wall/floor so it fits with the lighting. Then you have your shadow.

Kinda like I normally do, I guess. I hope somebody got it.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th February 2020 - 05:07 PM| Skin Developed By Creative Networks