IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Associate Professor Evil Kills All Beggars, My new movie -- Oxhorn's Short Shorts #5
Oxhorn
post Apr 30 2007, 09:42 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 15

Associate Professor Evil seeks to make the most evil potion in the world, so that he might become the most powerful warlock around. In the process, he is accosted by a number of beggars and finally snaps!

You can find it on WCM, my Myspace page or linked below:

Google Video: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=64...03222&hl=en

I submitted this movie to The Condemned contest, which is being run by machinima.com. If they accept it, there will be a public voting period, and I will be sure to post a link here so you all can vote. That is, of course, if you think it is good enough :P

--------------------

"There aint no creature in the land or sea quite as dear to me as the great kodo!"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JohnnyTrio
post Apr 30 2007, 02:07 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 488

Wow - you're up late on that one!!

Great job, Ox - I remember from your WCradio interview that someone said you were the best "amature machinima maker" - Well, I reckon that everybody better think twice before calling Brandon M. Dennis "amature"!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Oxhorn
post Apr 30 2007, 06:21 PM
Post #3

Haha thanks Johnny! I'm gettinig better, but man... I need a new computer, After Effects... and a third hand.

--------------------

"There aint no creature in the land or sea quite as dear to me as the great kodo!"

+Quote Post
TheGodfather
post Apr 30 2007, 08:27 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 2

QUOTE (Oxhorn @ Apr 30 2007, 07:21 PM) *
Haha thanks Johnny! I'm gettinig better, but man... I need a new computer, After Effects... and a third hand.

hahahah did you do sound design on this? It was much better than previous movies.

+Quote Post
Oxhorn
post Apr 30 2007, 09:14 PM
Post #5

I used WINMPQ to pull out all the sound effects from the game, then I just went through them one by one until I found sounds I liked :) I also pilfered Dark Age of Camelot for certain sounds, and when I couldn't find any I needed, I made some myself.

What, no front-page action?

*sniff!*

--------------------

+Quote Post
TheGodfather
post Apr 30 2007, 11:37 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 2

QUOTE (Oxhorn @ Apr 30 2007, 10:14 PM) *
I used WINMPQ to pull out all the sound effects from the game, then I just went through them one by one until I found sounds I liked :) I also pilfered Dark Age of Camelot for certain sounds, and when I couldn't find any I needed, I made some myself.

What, no front-page action?

*sniff!*

pfft! Whore! Btw what i meant with the sound was your levels were MUCH better. And overall use.

+Quote Post
Oxhorn
post May 1 2007, 01:33 AM
Post #7

Awww thankee! Yeah sound was probably the thing I needed to work on most. Now I just need to work on everything else, hehe.

--------------------

+Quote Post
KrashOmnis
post May 1 2007, 04:36 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 494

Excellent work! I enjoyed every second of that!

+Quote Post
VaudeVillian
post May 1 2007, 07:04 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 484

i <3 you

--------------------

+Quote Post
Telemora
post May 1 2007, 01:46 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 34

Very nice, Ox. That was pretty damn funny, if only it really happened. =(

--------------------
Matt/Tedman/Telemora

www.origofilms.com

+Quote Post
StoneFalconProdu...
post May 1 2007, 07:31 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 446

Yes! Now do one about gold sellers!

Very funny. My only leeetle criticism would be...it seemed to just kind of...end. I thought maybe the original beggar would show up one last time, as a tag ending...or something would backfire at the end for Asst. Prof. Evil. Some kind of comedy surprise ending...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Oxhorn
post May 1 2007, 11:15 PM
Post #12

He did show up, he was one of the beggars on the rope bridge who got killed by Barnaby :)

--------------------

+Quote Post
StoneFalconProdu...
post May 2 2007, 12:24 AM
Post #13

Member No.: 446

QUOTE (Oxhorn @ May 1 2007, 04:15 PM) *
He did show up, he was one of the beggars on the rope bridge who got killed by Barnaby :)

I mean, after that. After Evil gets the key to the city.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Oxhorn
post May 2 2007, 06:23 AM
Post #14

Ah, well he is dead now, being killed by a crab on drugs and all.

But then again, he was already dead, so I suppose it wouldn't be unheard of for him to appear in an upcoming episode :)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dead Workers Par...
post May 2 2007, 03:03 PM
Post #15

Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 51

Wow, that was great! As always I love the dialog and the characters are very cool. The sound effects and mixing were also very polished. I thought the compositing of the key and other elements were done very well, it's cool that you're doing such things without After Effects even. Hmmm, what would your movies look like if you had After Effects? It's nice that Autostitch is getting more use in the community as well. Great job!!

--------------------
Eric Fullerton
DEAD WORKERS PARTY

Check out our many fine podcasts!

+Quote Post
Thundara
post May 2 2007, 03:20 PM
Post #16

Member No.: 170

QUOTE (Dead Workers Party @ May 2 2007, 08:03 AM) *
Wow, that was great! As always I love the dialog and the characters are very cool. The sound effects and mixing were also very polished. I thought the compositing of the key and other elements were done very well, it's cool that you're doing such things without After Effects even. Hmmm, what would your movies look like if you had After Effects? It's nice that Autostitch is getting more use in the community as well. Great job!!

Well, After Effects would open doors to stuff like better keying and better color correction...

+Quote Post
Oxhorn
post May 2 2007, 07:46 PM
Post #17

QUOTE (Dead Workers Party @ May 2 2007, 03:03 PM) *

I downloaded your tutorial on camera panning and used Autostitch to do the shot where the camera switches fast between APE and Barnaby before APE pours the potion on him :) Thanks a bunch for that, it is such a cool tool.

Yeah, for color correction, I just use the RGB effect and fiddle with it until it looks good to me :P Doesn't always come out perfect, but at least I am using it now, hehe. I've also switched from simply using the Blue Screen key to the Chroma Key, but even with it I still find faint blue or green outlines that I just can't seem to get rid of without turning the file transparent. Ah well, it is hard to spot, unless you are looking for it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Thundara
post May 2 2007, 10:22 PM
Post #18

Member No.: 170

QUOTE (Oxhorn @ May 2 2007, 12:46 PM) *
I downloaded your tutorial on camera panning and used Autostitch to do the shot where the camera switches fast between APE and Barnaby before APE pours the potion on him :) Thanks a bunch for that, it is such a cool tool.

Yeah, for color correction, I just use the RGB effect and fiddle with it until it looks good to me :P Doesn't always come out perfect, but at least I am using it now, hehe. I've also switched from simply using the Blue Screen key to the Chroma Key, but even with it I still find faint blue or green outlines that I just can't seem to get rid of without turning the file transparent. Ah well, it is hard to spot, unless you are looking for it.

As I said before, After Effects has a nice way of keying out the fine lines as you can see in Andrew Kramer's tutorial.
As far as color correction goes, you seem to have it right, just use your eye and see what looks best.

+Quote Post
Zirivieon
post May 22 2007, 09:19 PM
Post #19

Member No.: 555

Ah, this movie is just awesome, hats off to you Ox =)

Can you please list up all the prog's you use in your films? =D Like to have a lookie at them ;)

--------------------

www.ZirivieonPictures.com (not done yet, just main index)

+Quote Post
Oxhorn
post May 22 2007, 10:09 PM
Post #20

I have them listed in the credits, but I just finished a new guide for beginners, which I have posted on my forum. You can read it here, and it should help you with beginning your movie making:

The Basics of WoW Machinima Making
http://com2.runboard.com/brandonmdennis.f5.t109

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th March 2019 - 02:19 PM| Skin Developed By Creative Networks