Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Questions.
Zinth
post Mar 20 2008, 09:22 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,773

Whenever I use the preview in Vegas it can lag considerably, depending on the ammount of events happening at once.
In the current movie i am trying to do i require a large ammount of . . events happening at one time and it lags quite a bit, i have set it to draft and it is at half. (draft it preforms much better but the quality is hell) My question is, is there anyway to . . improve this?

Does it look better in the actualy movie? Once its out of vegas and standalone.

And on a completely unrelated question

For the current project I making an Army, (Trying to anyhow) Which is all the events, i have 3 video bars (The fouth one being for the envirement) And an army of three is . . . well hardly intimidating or epic. (At least to me anyway)
Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Zinth

I am using Vegas 8.

:thumbsup:

--------------------

You know, sometimes I just like to, just like to lay in my bed. Look up at the stars and wonder . . . . where the hell did my roof go?!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Forgotten Light
post Mar 21 2008, 12:36 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 676

QUOTE (Zinth @ Mar 20 2008, 01:22 PM) *
Whenever I use the preview in Vegas it can lag considerably, depending on the ammount of events happening at once.
In the current movie i am trying to do i require a large ammount of . . events happening at one time and it lags quite a bit, i have set it to draft and it is at half. (draft it preforms much better but the quality is hell) My question is, is there anyway to . . improve this?

Does it look better in the actualy movie? Once its out of vegas and standalone.

Never judge the final by the preview window. The lag is caused by a fundamental limitation on how much information can be drawn from the hard drive over any given length of time.

Vegas will load the preview frams into RAM if you let it loop or scrub it repeatedly. (you'll see little dots next to the frame number telling you its processing)

Also, use (auto) not (half) also, I usually use Preview (auto) myself and then just use the scrubbing trick to make sure stuff looks right. Alternatively I use the little exclamation point to isolate the layer(s) I'm working on so Vegas can buffer them faster. You should not use just one view and stick to it, Preview (auto) is a good default, but you should switch back and forth between the different options to check for errors. The "Best" option will show you what the frame will look like in the final render, but cannot be used for playback except on computers that haven't been invented yet (lol) Draft is a good way to measure the flow of the film, but you should not do actual editing in Draft because it is too imprecise; use preview.

Also on the buffering thing, if you don't want to have it loop a couple dozen times (your limited to between 5 and 20 seconds depending on your RAM). you can step through the frames using the arrow keys, slowly, to buffer them so they'll play back smoothly.

And on a completely unrelated question

For the current project I making an Army, (Trying to anyhow) Which is all the events, i have 3 video bars (The fouth one being for the envirement) And an army of three is . . . well hardly intimidating or epic. (At least to me anyway)
Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Zinth

I am using Vegas 8.

Right click in the timeline window and Add/Insert a Video Track. Repeat. You can go as far as 99 tracks or untill either you or your computer melts down, whichever comes first.

Alternativly, you could create a new, temporary project, with say ten tracks, line up ten soldiers, then render at high resolution with a solid blue background, and use that render on your main project instead of 10x as many individual tracks.

--------------------

"There is only one stupid question. And it is 'How do I make it so that...' Please. Never ask it."

I hate the .divx format. I hate machinima.com. I hate them both for the exact same reason.

"If answerers elude you, it is likely you are asking the wrong questions." - Some old dude.

+Quote Post
Zinth
post Mar 21 2008, 01:10 AM
Post #3

QUOTE (Forgotten Light @ Mar 20 2008, 04:36 PM) *
Never judge the final by the preview window. The lag is caused by a fundamental limitation on how much information can be drawn from the hard drive over any given length of time.

Vegas will load the preview frams into RAM if you let it loop or scrub it repeatedly. (you'll see little dots next to the frame number telling you its processing)

Also, use (auto) not (half) also, I usually use Preview (auto) myself and then just use the scrubbing trick to make sure stuff looks right. Alternatively I use the little exclamation point to isolate the layer(s) I'm working on so Vegas can buffer them faster. You should not use just one view and stick to it, Preview (auto) is a good default, but you should switch back and forth between the different options to check for errors. The "Best" option will show you what the frame will look like in the final render, but cannot be used for playback except on computers that haven't been invented yet (lol) Draft is a good way to measure the flow of the film, but you should not do actual editing in Draft because it is too imprecise; use preview.

Also on the buffering thing, if you don't want to have it loop a couple dozen times (your limited to between 5 and 20 seconds depending on your RAM). you can step through the frames using the arrow keys, slowly, to buffer them so they'll play back smoothly.
Right click in the timeline window and Add/Insert a Video Track. Repeat. You can go as far as 99 tracks or untill either you or your computer melts down, whichever comes first.

Alternativly, you could create a new, temporary project, with say ten tracks, line up ten soldiers, then render at high resolution with a solid blue background, and use that render on your main project instead of 10x as many individual tracks.

Thanks for the advice alot! :) :biggrin:

But for 'Right click in the timeline window and Add/Insert a Video Track. Repeat. You can go as far as 99 tracks or untill either you or your computer melts down, whichever comes first.'

This does not work for me.

I click on thet ime line and Add/Insert one Video Track. Then the option turns grey and I am unable to create any more.

Did my computer melt down already? Uh oh . . . . For any help it may provide i have 1gig of RAM

oh yeah, another question (i am new to this so bear with me please) is there anywhere where i can get World of Warcraft sounds? For example an undead dieing, or a sword clash or something.

Thanks

--------------------

You know, sometimes I just like to, just like to lay in my bed. Look up at the stars and wonder . . . . where the hell did my roof go?!

+Quote Post
Mushanga
post Mar 21 2008, 07:16 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 885

Sounds to me like you've got a trial version if it doesn't allow you to go higher than 3 layers :confused:

For the WoW sounds you can use MyWarcraftStudio, it's a nifty little program that lets you extract sounds from the WoW MPQs.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Zinth
post Mar 21 2008, 04:14 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (Mushanga @ Mar 20 2008, 11:16 PM) *
Sounds to me like you've got a trial version if it doesn't allow you to go higher than 3 layers :confused:

For the WoW sounds you can use MyWarcraftStudio, it's a nifty little program that lets you extract sounds from the WoW MPQs.

Thanks for 'MyWarcraftStudio' but as for vegas. It is not a Trial Version. I bought it for 80$ or something, (I'm not entirely sure, it was a gift) So either my vegas is broken or something, or i have a faulty version. :mellow:

*Shrug*

I'll have to browse google and see if anyone else has a similar problem. :turned:

Troubleshooting for the win. Computers suck :confused:

Edit - I have downloaded Mywarcraftstudio from Curse and it too is not working. I can't even get in before i get 'This program has stopped running' Like i said above, computers suck.

oh and another question, i am full of them aren't i? I ask them as they come along >.<

Is it possible to make the eye glowing animation of some helmets brighter?
Thanks.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Forgotten Light
post Mar 21 2008, 06:24 PM
Post #6

QUOTE (Zinth @ Mar 21 2008, 08:14 AM) *
Thanks for 'MyWarcraftStudio' but as for vegas. It is not a Trial Version. I bought it for 80$ or something, (I'm not entirely sure, it was a gift) So either my vegas is broken or something, or i have a faulty version. :mellow:

No, you have a trial version. Or maybe you just need to register it, there should be a serial number /CD key on the box or manual or something. $80 seems a bit cheap for the full version, too. You probably DO have a trial.

Edit - I have downloaded Mywarcraftstudio from Curse and it too is not working. I can't even get in before i get 'This program has stopped running' Like i said above, computers suck.

The newer version from wowmodelviewer.com doesn't even work since patch 2.3. We'll just have to wait for the guy to update it. It's finicky at the best of times.

oh and another question, i am full of them aren't i? I ask them as they come along >.<

Is it possible to make the eye glowing animation of some helmets brighter?
Thanks.

Editing models in specific ways like that is nearly impossible, but you might try playing around with the Glow effect.

--------------------

"There is only one stupid question. And it is 'How do I make it so that...' Please. Never ask it."

I hate the .divx format. I hate machinima.com. I hate them both for the exact same reason.

"If answerers elude you, it is likely you are asking the wrong questions." - Some old dude.

+Quote Post
Zinth
post Mar 21 2008, 06:40 PM
Post #7

QUOTE (Forgotten Light @ Mar 21 2008, 10:24 AM) *
No, you have a trial version. Or maybe you just need to register it, there should be a serial number /CD key on the box or manual or something. $80 seems a bit cheap for the full version, too. You probably DO have a trial.
The newer version from wowmodelviewer.com doesn't even work since patch 2.3. We'll just have to wait for the guy to update it. It's finicky at the best of times.
Editing models in specific ways like that is nearly impossible, but you might try playing around with the Glow effect.

I don't see how i have the trial version, i have the box and cd etc right here, theres nothing about a trial on here.

Possibly. It might be possible that registration is required, but it says here "Type the serial number in the Registration Wizard that is displayed the first time you run the software. So i am quite sure I have already registered. Maybe it is possibly settings?

I also recall downloading a trial version of it off the internet and i was able to create more than 4 Video Tracks.

*shrug*

If not, then why is my Dreadnaught Helm on WMV so . . dull.

Edit - and according to Futureshop.ca the price is about right.

Edit 2 - Taken from Vegas Movie Studio 8.0 Help - Vegas Movie Studio and Vegas Movie Studio Platinum projects support up to four Video Tracks.

Is this true? I don't know where you got 99 from, I mean it is directly from Vegas Help.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bilivir
post May 7 2008, 08:00 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 2,121

Good day to everybody. I would like to make out how do several effects in Vegas:
1) Is it possible to use Light Rays as it was in ToTPIII when Blazer came into necropolis with brite light behind him without coloring the whole image as it always happens while using that effect? Or make them illuminate objects like on the 1:28:41 when in makes long lines of shadows.
2) Are there any good variants of making movable and true-to-life lightnings in Vegas?
I would be happy to get any tips.

+Quote Post
Justin
post May 8 2008, 03:09 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 656

QUOTE (Bilivir @ May 7 2008, 11:00 PM) *
2) Are there any good variants of making movable and true-to-life lightnings in Vegas?
I would be happy to get any tips.

I'm sure that vegas can do something true-to-life, but I'd rather work with After Effects when it's up to lights.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Forgotten Light
post May 8 2008, 09:38 PM
Post #10

QUOTE (Zinth @ Mar 21 2008, 10:40 AM) *
I don't see how i have the trial version, i have the box and cd etc right here, theres nothing about a trial on here.

Possibly. It might be possible that registration is required, but it says here "Type the serial number in the Registration Wizard that is displayed the first time you run the software. So i am quite sure I have already registered. Maybe it is possibly settings?

I also recall downloading a trial version of it off the internet and i was able to create more than 4 Video Tracks.

*shrug*

If not, then why is my Dreadnaught Helm on WMV so . . dull.

Edit - and according to Futureshop.ca the price is about right.

Edit 2 - Taken from Vegas Movie Studio 8.0 Help - Vegas Movie Studio and Vegas Movie Studio Platinum projects support up to four Video Tracks.

Is this true? I don't know where you got 99 from, I mean it is directly from Vegas Help.

You. Have. The. Trial. Version.
Vegas Movie Studio 8.0
Movie Studio

You do not have the full version of Vegas.

It's like Photoshop Elements vs. Photoshop CS2.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bilivir
post May 9 2008, 03:33 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 2,121

May anyone post links to tutorials according to my 2 questions, if it won't be hard for you?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th February 2019 - 05:41 AM| Skin Developed By Creative Networks