IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Oxhorn at WeGame.com, I get paid to make machinima! Wee!
Oxhorn
post Jan 30 2008, 10:23 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 15

Well I just accepted a new job in California working for a start-up company called WeGame.com. They are paying me to make machinimna, as well as help other users use their site to make their own machinima. One cool thing about this gig is that I still retain full creative control over my movies. I'll be making other things too, but I will have time to work on my own movies, which should allow me to produce content much faster than I have been (which was pretty fast, considering I was either working or in college full time).

What makes WeGame different from sites like YouTube is that it actually has a client you can download that will allow you to record footage in-game. This means, no more paying for Fraps. The quality is not quite as good as Fraps yet, but it is getting there quickly, and soon it should make Fraps obsolete, considering WeGame is free and has no watermarks, and Fraps is, what, $30?

You can also publish whatever you shoot instantly to WeGame. So if, for instance, you are shooting an interview in-game and don't need to edit it or anything, just click "publish to WeGame" and it automatically gets thrown up on their site. You can still use the footage on any video editing program like Premiere and upload a composited movie manually later, if you'd like. The quality on WeGame is much better than on YouTube in standard mode, and there is even an additional HD mode that allows you to record at an even better quality.

I'm working on Inventing Swear Words 4 at the moment. I've finished all the audio recording and editing--now I just have to start on the video. As soon a I finish it, I'll give everyone an update. In the meantime, you can watch a little movie I made chronicling my move from Seattle to San Francisco here:

http://www.wegame.com/watch/Oxhorn_s_Move_to_California/

And you can find out more about WeGame.com here:

http://www.wegame.com/download/

--------------------

"There aint no creature in the land or sea quite as dear to me as the great kodo!"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
StoneFalconProdu...
post Jan 31 2008, 01:52 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 446

Grats, Oxhorn! Good news all 'round! :biggrin: Getting paid to make your own machinima, that's so great! You're livin' the dream!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Telemora
post Feb 1 2008, 01:55 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 34

Congrats Oxhorn!
Was checking out WeGame a couple weeks ago, looks pretty good and they really are putting up some competition for FRAPs.

--------------------
Matt/Tedman/Telemora

www.origofilms.com

+Quote Post
VaudeVillian
post Mar 4 2008, 12:35 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 484

Wow. Congrats man. It's good to see all of your guys hard hard hard hard HARD work is finally paying off!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th February 2019 - 06:56 PM| Skin Developed By Creative Networks