IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Is it possible to animate TF models in another proggy?
momentousceltic
post Apr 6 2008, 12:59 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,019

I'll try and explain this as best as I can so you guys can understand my question.

I have an idea for a TF2 short I want to do but the animations in the game just won't look right with it. I want to take the models out of the game and import them to another program where I can totally reanimate everything they do. Is it possible to do this? Also, would this method be the best way to achieve what I'm trying to do? Or would there be an easier way to go about reanimating models from TF2?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Justin
post Apr 19 2008, 08:50 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 656

Never used this, but I wonder if there was some Source SDK stuff from Valve that was capable of it. Baroon plays with that I think :)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Oxhorn
post Apr 19 2008, 02:12 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 15

You can use Gary's Mod to take the TF2 characters and pose them, but you can't animate motions. The closest you can get to having any sort of control over them is by recording a game and the going through it and making your own custom camera angles.

You can still do some clever things with just the in-game emotes. Here is an example in TF2 someone did set to a Monty Python sketch:

http://www.wegame.com/watch/Marching_in_TF2/

--------------------

"There aint no creature in the land or sea quite as dear to me as the great kodo!"

+Quote Post
SoulReaver
post Jul 9 2008, 06:27 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 1,038

or you can spend some dolars for a 3d software (if your filfy rich get maya 2008) and learn to animate them yourself.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th July 2019 - 03:38 AM| Skin Developed By Creative Networks