Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Converting a widescreen project into Full Screen
Oxhorn
post Dec 12 2007, 05:36 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 15

I ran into this problem when I went to release Hat vs. Barnaby, but I didn't want to delay it's release so I just uploaded the widescreen, 16:9 version. The problem with this is that on most viral streaming sites like YouTube, the movie gets squished into a full screen version. I'd like to avoid that for my next movie.

For my upcoming movie, I would like to make the movie in 16:9 widescreen for my own personal use and for sites like Stage6, but I would also like to make a file that is full screen for sites like YouTube. I tried to do this last time by making my movie in widescreen, creating a new project with full screen settings, importing my 16:9 movie and moving around the clips so that it looked good, then exporting.

The result, however, was still a widescreen version, despite me rendering it from a full screen project. I did this all in Premiere Pro. Is there a way to make a movie that is widescreen and then export it as full screen? Or is this something I would have to do in After Effects?

--------------------

"There aint no creature in the land or sea quite as dear to me as the great kodo!"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Justin
post Dec 12 2007, 09:41 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 656

First thing that come to head, is make new project with the same width but bigger height, and import widescreen to it, and also put Black video as a background. But if you've done something similar... Probably that's something with youtube, it automatically cuts black unused layers... Although there's an option to convert it in some ImToo applications. Its will zoom it in a bit and make it some kind of fullscreen.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Oxhorn
post Dec 12 2007, 10:11 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 15

Yes I could do that, but it would make the overall size of the movie smaller. I would just like to trim the width, but keep the height the same.

If I could take my widescreen project and import it into a full screen project, I could then trim the movie scene to scene so that the important parts are shown well in the FS version--"formatting" it to fit FS. That is what I would like to be able to do, and maintain the movie height.

--------------------

"There aint no creature in the land or sea quite as dear to me as the great kodo!"

+Quote Post
Forgotten Light
post Jan 18 2008, 11:31 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 676

QUOTE (Oxhorn @ Dec 12 2007, 02:11 PM) *
Yes I could do that, but it would make the overall size of the movie smaller. I would just like to trim the width, but keep the height the same.

If I could take my widescreen project and import it into a full screen project, I could then trim the movie scene to scene so that the important parts are shown well in the FS version--"formatting" it to fit FS. That is what I would like to be able to do, and maintain the movie height.

This would be unbelievably easy in Vegas :whistling: Specifically you might try simply zooming in on the video image so it filled the 4:3 frame. (What you are trying to do is literally a three-click operation in Vegas. :tongue: )

--------------------

"There is only one stupid question. And it is 'How do I make it so that...' Please. Never ask it."

I hate the .divx format. I hate machinima.com. I hate them both for the exact same reason.

"If answerers elude you, it is likely you are asking the wrong questions." - Some old dude.

+Quote Post
Sedrin of slashd...
post Jan 18 2008, 11:26 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 644

QUOTE (Oxhorn @ Dec 12 2007, 02:11 PM) *

So, um. What's stopping you?

As far as I know, this is the traditional method used by pan 'n scan conversion from widescreen to fullscreen home video. You can even edit the placement of the video cut by cut to try to make the shots look well-composed. If you use a completely prerendered widescreen version as your source, it wouldn't be particularly tricky to do in Premiere, either.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th February 2019 - 02:34 PM| Skin Developed By Creative Networks