2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fury Trailer (Action Movie)
seksiproductions
post Aug 14 2007, 11:14 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 667

Heya guys, description follows with the link :)

Hope you enjoy!

http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=45038
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Drewbie
post Aug 15 2007, 02:36 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 490

Wow. That's all I can say. Amazing!

--------------------

+Quote Post
WGSXFrank
post Aug 15 2007, 03:28 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 522

QUOTE (seksiproductions @ Aug 14 2007, 07:14 PM) *
Heya guys, description follows with the link :)

Hope you enjoy!

http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=45038

Very nice animation! Especially that fighting scene... very very smooth and full of action. I'm greatly looking forward to seeing this.

The quality looks really good.

BTW:Do you have a site or something?

--------------------

+Quote Post
StoneFalconProdu...
post Aug 15 2007, 03:51 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 446

Flashy. Let's hope you've thought up some compelling characters and a good story - otherwise it's just talented effects work. The trailer tells me nothing about the story or why I would want to watch it. In fact, the story as I can tell looks fairly generic. I'm probably in the minority on this opinion, but it's my opinion...

You might want to get some of those words checked, it ruins the strength of the trailer to see misspellings and poor grammar.

Otherwise, you obviously have compositing and camera talent.

--------------------

+Quote Post
TheGodfather
post Aug 15 2007, 04:26 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 2

Untill = Until :P

When do you expect to see this through?

How much is on the timeline now or is it just a trailer?

You broke the line at 1:03

What is the story? What did the beginning shots have to do with the end shots?

Why do we care about the beginning characters rather than just the dude messing shit up at the end? I was bored until I hit about a minute in. The shots were not congruent or meaningful.

The dwarf was keyed too much making him translucent with a green line around him.

I enjoyed the shot with the sword coming at him, good use of sound effects to mange that shot.

Poor choice in music, that song is way to popular and overused to instil a feeling of awesome to me, it just reminds me of a BWL movie and the original piece.

I think you have potential if you are able to embodie a story along with this otherwise it will be an orgasm of imagry which if you are going for that cool, but it will be stronger to an audience to have a story.

So those are my compliments and hits. :)

+Quote Post
Dopefish
post Aug 15 2007, 12:28 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 282

QUOTE (Tristan @ Aug 15 2007, 04:26 AM) *
I think you have potential if you are able to embodie a story along with this otherwise it will be an orgasm of imagry which if you are going for that cool, but it will be stronger to an audience to have a story.
What? Haven't you seen 300? :biggrin:
I think more story to that movie would've only distracted it from the imagry :rolleyes:

+Quote Post
TheGodfather
post Aug 15 2007, 05:41 PM
Post #7

QUOTE (Dopefish @ Aug 15 2007, 01:28 PM) *
What? Haven't you seen 300? :biggrin:
I think more story to that movie would've only distracted it from the imagry :rolleyes:

Believe it or not I did not enjoy 300. past a few fight scenes for technique. And I have to add this I watched the video over again and most the comps are translucent and much of the action is wiggler'd too much. In 300 most if not for one scene the CGI was very finely tuned allowing the movie to just BE in its genre, however if you do not refine those aspects it cannot stand alone in a category like that.

+Quote Post
Kenion
post Aug 15 2007, 06:16 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 664

What amazes me most about this, is that it's some of the best camera work and use of model viewer I've seen in any machinima styled movie from a totally unknown person (aside from your pvp movies). You don't have a website, you're not part of a big machinima community, you didn't have fans waiting months or years for it.. you just made this insane movie out of no where. Good effin job! It's kind of inspiring since I'm basically in the same boat. I made some pretty popular pvp movies and my 2nd one (just like yours) had a machinima styled opening and small parts throughout and I'm currently working on an action machinima, that's why I honestly hope you do make something incredible (as envious as I am of you being way ahead of me) :P

Even if you don't have the most epic of stories, the one you seem to have planned is good enough for me and the hordes of WCM type people that leave the "ZOMG WOW 5/5 UR SUPR COOL LOL" comments. It's an action movie, leave the story for drama or even comedy. Action isn't exactly known for its incredible story. Plus this is just a WoW machinima lol, cut the guy some slack :confused:

--------------------

+Quote Post
TheGodfather
post Aug 15 2007, 10:23 PM
Post #9

QUOTE (Kenion @ Aug 15 2007, 07:16 PM) *
What amazes me most about this, is that it's some of the best camera work and use of model viewer I've seen in any machinima styled movie from a totally unknown person (aside from your pvp movies). You don't have a website, you're not part of a big machinima community, you didn't have fans waiting months or years for it.. you just made this insane movie out of no where. Good effin job! It's kind of inspiring since I'm basically in the same boat. I made some pretty popular pvp movies and my 2nd one (just like yours) had a machinima styled opening and small parts throughout and I'm currently working on an action machinima, that's why I honestly hope you do make something incredible (as envious as I am of you being way ahead of me) :P

Even if you don't have the most epic of stories, the one you seem to have planned is good enough for me and the hordes of WCM type people that leave the "ZOMG WOW 5/5 UR SUPR COOL LOL" comments. It's an action movie, leave the story for drama or even comedy. Action isn't exactly known for its incredible story. Plus this is just a WoW machinima lol, cut the guy some slack :confused:

I will say this for you and anyone else who is not accustomed to how we roll here. We do not blow smoke up peoples asses if we think there is room for improvement. If we were the "ZOMG WOW 5/5 UR SUPR COOL LOL" then the site would not be here. We are here to help you work through your movies. You can take our comments with a grain of salt or to heart it is up to you but what we will always do is say the truth.

Now as for the Action has no story.... Should we refer to Terminator 2, Aliens, Die hard series... These may have a simpler story, but they are ACTION... and they are EXTREMELY popular and are still popular today. 300 was action with an epic line for every second and even dwelled from the original comic's story... It will have its glory but in the long run where do we point people to see awesome movies?

And I don;t think anyone here said they didn;t ENJOY this trailer however the trailer itself has problems with the use of modelveiwer with translucent comps, breaking the line(film term), and other stuff mentioned above. This does not render the movie crappy, we will just point these out to help improve upon it.

By having text flying across a screen you are implying story, yet the text and imagery didn't coincide.

I have seen many many movies that went under the radar that were awesome, it is not HOW big of a community you have or where you are in the machinima stuff, Take for instance last blizzcon Return came out of no where and rocked the world.

So hopefully the author will take a look at these comments and implement what he/she finds pertinent to their style and movie.

I also hope though that as a machnimist you will make a movie to please yourself and that you can be happy with, not appease an audience, but that is just me.

+Quote Post
StoneFalconProdu...
post Aug 15 2007, 10:26 PM
Post #10

QUOTE (Kenion @ Aug 15 2007, 11:16 AM) *
Plus this is just a WoW machinima lol, cut the guy some slack :confused:

Well, that's fine if all he wants to make is some fan machinima for a bunch of wow players. Here on Machinima 101 I would hope that we are trying to elevate the art form to move beyond its current audience of just gamers, and perhaps find a larger audience that might not be familiar with the art form - and in order to move machinima to that place we have to think more like real fiilmmakers. Hollywood is starting to notice this filmmaking technique. Why settle for "just a WoW machinima"? The criticism I give I would give to any Hollywood filmmaker. Otherwise how can one improve?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kenion
post Aug 16 2007, 02:53 AM
Post #11

Member No.: 664

I of course don't speak for seksi, it's not even my movie lol but...

yeah, it's nice to stand out from the crowd of "So COOL!" "HOLY SHI-" "Best Thing I've Ever Seen." type comments that this video is flooded with so that you can help improve with meaningful criticism. You gave some nice advice that I didn't even notice when I watched it, that's cool, that's why I like reading this forum to pick up tips for things that I may make. At the same time though it always seems like you guys are a little harsh. What bugs me is, and I suppose it's just how I am reading it, but there seems to be an underlying elitism behind the criticism since you guys are now recognized Blizzcon featured film makers and that's 'how you roll'. Although that's probably just me being the bitter jealous pathetic man that I am of your success :P

The majority of us machinima makers however, are just making it "as some fan machinima for a bunch of wow players." It's a hobby. We're small time, but there's nothing wrong with that. The WoW players are the people who appreciate this artform the most anyways and that's how everyone starts out. I mean didn't your first movie have the UI all over it? and then there was another with the story being about giving a blowjob or some crap. What he's made already surpasses most of the famous machinima films I've seen and definitely aspires to be epic quality. All the while still being a regular player and having to worry about his 3rd pvp movie. I've lurked and read some of the criticisms here though, and I just don't think it's necessary to criticize everything as if it's meant to be of hollywood level. The criticism given is helpful in general, it just seems a little adverse at times.

good luck with the movie seksi, I'm a big fan of your pvp videos and I'm so pumped that you actually have plans to make this movie. Ever since I saw the intro of Renimated I was just thinking man how great it would be if there was an entire movie made like that! and not even a week later you reveal this beast. I do hope that you can keep the quality in the movie at the same that this trailer has throughout and that the characters shown do have a point in the actual movie rather than being created only specificaly for the trailer

--------------------

+Quote Post
StoneFalconProdu...
post Aug 16 2007, 03:58 AM
Post #12

Well certainly, Seksi or any other filmmaker doesn't have to listen to any of our advice/observations, and that's their prerogative. But there are already plenty of sites where the fans can gush (or flame) all over the filmmakers work - I think one of the ideas behind this particular site is to constructively criticize each other so we all become better machinima filmmakers. Note that constructively also means pointing out the film's good elements, as well.

Absolutely there is nothing wrong with making machinima as a hobby, and I never said there was. I just think that this particular site, and this particular group of filmmakers, are generally interested in pushing the boundaries of the medium beyond just fan machinima for WoW players. Therefore I would assume that the person posting their film here might also be a little more interested in pushing their film closer to a 'Hollywood level' than not. It's nothing to do with perceived 'elitism', it's just the way we think. We're ambitious, and we hope you are too. :thumbsup:

(If any of you guys disagree with the above statements, feel free to beat me up in the locker room.)

--------------------

+Quote Post
TheGodfather
post Aug 16 2007, 04:05 AM
Post #13

QUOTE (StoneFalconProductions @ Aug 16 2007, 04:58 AM) *
Well certainly, Seksi or any other filmmaker doesn't have to listen to any of our advice/observations, and that's their prerogative. But there are already plenty of sites where the fans can gush (or flame) all over the filmmakers work - I think one of the ideas behind this particular site is to constructively criticize each other so we all become better machinima filmmakers. Note that constructively also means pointing out the film's good elements, as well.

Absolutely there is nothing wrong with making machinima as a hobby, and I never said there was. I just think that this particular site, and this particular group of filmmakers, are generally interested in pushing the boundaries of the medium beyond just fan machinima for WoW players. Therefore I would assume that the person posting their film here might also be a little more interested in pushing their film closer to a 'Hollywood level' than not. It's nothing to do with perceived 'elitism', it's just the way we think. We're ambitious, and we hope you are too. :thumbsup:

(If any of you guys disagree with the above statements, feel free to beat me up in the locker room.)

I agree with all the above.

I do want to point out, non of us think higher of ourselves than anyone else, we all post here, the community here is what makes us, that is the same for you Ken. Your comments may help form his decisions as well :) So all is welcome. Just because a few of us went to Blizzcon doesn't mean our movies are better, it does however mean we may be more active and chatter more cause we know each other a little more personally.

As for our first movies, they were right for their time and their place. No ones movie goes obsolete because of time it just ages. Black and white movies aren't crap because they didn't have color back then... So just read over our comments again, really read around the site to see the positive, because if you notice many people have been helped by us pulling out the good and bad of a movie, the way WE see it, TODAY. :)

On a side note:

Making movies today is much harder because of the pressures of the fans wanting newer better stronger, what we hope to give people is hope that if your movie has a solid story a decent plot, compelling characters, etc etc modelviewer can come second or even take a backseat. Technology doesn't make the movie, many fundamental techniques have a role, such as acting, directing, voice over, and so on.

What the people here bring to the table other than "going to blizzcon" is a very strong background in all these fields. Snacky is in hollywood animation, I have directed off broadway shows, Deadworkers are a company and provide many tutorials to do what is done today. This doesn't put us above anyone but it does give us a foot forward when it comes to being able to try to put forward some advice.

And as with anything you can use what we say or take it with a grain of salt and show us all up :) We are all here to have fun and support what we love.

+Quote Post
Romily
post Aug 16 2007, 04:42 AM
Post #14

Member No.: 499

QUOTE (Tristan @ Aug 16 2007, 12:05 AM) *
On a side note:

Making movies today is much harder because of the pressures of the fans wanting newer better stronger, what we hope to give people is hope that if your movie has a solid story a decent plot, compelling characters, etc etc modelviewer can come second or even take a backseat. Technology doesn't make the movie, many fundamental techniques have a role, such as acting, directing, voice over, and so on.

What the people here bring to the table other than "going to blizzcon" is a very strong background in all these fields. Snacky is in hollywood animation, I have directed off broadway shows, Deadworkers are a company and provide many tutorials to do what is done today. This doesn't put us above anyone but it does give us a foot forward when it comes to being able to try to put forward some advice.

RE: Pressure. This is very true. Just being sidelined for most of a year and then tied up for another has left me feeling exceedingly anxious and insecure about picking up my favorite hobby when I have time to indulge in it once again. So much has happened since I first started tinkering.

Advice on that point (that I intend to take myself!) is to focus on making your vision come to life. Come here when you hit snags, need technique advice, want to bounce ideas or drafts off someone for real, honest-to-god, "this might hurt a bit" feedback and keep working on it until your output matches your vision.

I don't know that I have anything else to add to the above comments except that I am anxious to see more of your work in the future! ;)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Macheath
post Aug 16 2007, 05:52 AM
Post #15

Member No.: 669

I'll just echo some of the sentiments here and ask that you not waste all this effort on a shit storyline. Fight scenes and effects without any tension-and-release mechanism might as well be "lightsaberEffectTest3.avi" on some fanfilm wank site.

--------------------

+Quote Post
seksiproductions
post Aug 17 2007, 03:58 PM
Post #16

Thanks for the feedback - As stated, the reason I posted the movie here was because I did want some critisism from people who really do know what they're talking about. I'm glad you enjoyed it in spite of the editorial misses. =)

My first language is swedish, so yeah, I should've asked someone to check the spelling for me. Actually I didn't think my english was so dire that i could have 2-3 errors in a trailer with such a small amount of text, lol.

Maybe you could give me some pointers on how to not get that green line around mr Dwarf and also, get away from the transparency problems I'm having when it comes to 2+ layers of models.

Actually I like my story alot, I didn't feel like I was ripping something off or coming up with some predictable cliché story either. I believe that Fury will bring you interesting characters, some cool facts that unfolds as the movie goes on and a big friggin twist in the end. But yeah, I agree that the trailer does not tell you very much about the story and that was something I unfortunately realised too late.

At the moment there are pictures of the eight main characters availible at the WCM page, together with some brief information about them. The characters parts and who they might come up against can be quite easily figured out. =)

Also, I'm trying to get a hold of a host (advices of good hosts are welcome!) for a website.

+Quote Post
StoneFalconProdu...
post Aug 17 2007, 04:31 PM
Post #17

QUOTE (seksiproductions @ Aug 17 2007, 08:58 AM) *
anyway, im trying to get a hold of a host (advice of good hosts are welcome!) for a website. im going to upload more information about the characters, the plot etc. atm there are pictures of the 8 main characters availible at my WCM page, together with some brief information about them. the characters parts and who they might come up against can be quite easily figured out. =)

Johnny Voruz turned me on to godaddy.com, which is a pretty awesome host. Can't beat 100GB of online storage space for what, 5 bucks a month?? CRAZY!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Justin
post Aug 17 2007, 04:38 PM
Post #18

Member No.: 656

QUOTE (StoneFalconProductions @ Aug 17 2007, 07:31 PM) *
Johnny Voruz turned me on to godaddy.com, which is a pretty awesome host. Can't beat 100GB of online storage space for what, 5 bucks a month?? CRAZY!!!

Are there some free hosting domains like for example Microsoft Live Office gives you?

--------------------

+Quote Post
TheGodfather
post Aug 17 2007, 05:15 PM
Post #19

QUOTE (Justin @ Aug 17 2007, 05:38 PM) *
Are there some free hosting domains like for example Microsoft Live Office gives you?

If you would like i could give you a domain such as Machinima101.com/yournamehere

But it would have to be temp...

+Quote Post
seksiproductions
post Aug 19 2007, 03:32 PM
Post #20

QUOTE (Tristan @ Aug 17 2007, 09:15 AM) *
If you would like i could give you a domain such as Machinima101.com/yournamehere

But it would have to be temp...

"temp..." as in temporary or? Because im interested.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th August 2020 - 10:31 PM| Skin Developed By Creative Networks