Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hello. I'm wow2b
wow2b
post Sep 6 2007, 12:33 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 704

Hello all,

I am quite excited to be here as I am a fan of machinima, and a creator of machinima (albeit my vids are very low tech).

I am excited because it seems like all of the machinima creators I admire most all post here. It's rather like being a kid in a candy store.

My main interest is World of Warcraft machinima... I created and maintain the World of Warcraft's Greatest Hits video stream at Youtube.com... (consistently in the top 3 of all streams on youtube) and I blog about WoW machinima in the WoW Greatest Video Hits blog. (I wont post links since I am brand new and havent had a chance to review the forum rules yet).

So many of you do work that just makes me gasp in wonder, or laugh hysterically, or reflect on the issues of my life.

Obviously I am more of a fan than a creator, but my own little videos are just so much fun to make, even though my tools are the most basic of basic. I think, even though I dont have the skill to create at your level, that I understand the joy and satisfaction it must bring you to make your creations.

Seeing posts from Jun Falkenstein, Oxhorn, and even Baron Soosdon (who's work makes me all tingly) is just kinda mind blowing.

Looking forward to reading more from all of you who have entertained me so well.

wow2b
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Justin
post Sep 6 2007, 07:36 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 656

you're welcome :) a lot of authors are already here, but not all of them (not even half ^^), but I see a lot of rising new machinima creators and directors also here :)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Oxhorn
post Sep 6 2007, 08:24 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 15

Welcome to the forums!

--------------------

"There aint no creature in the land or sea quite as dear to me as the great kodo!"

+Quote Post
BaronSoosdon
post Sep 6 2007, 08:34 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 489

Welcome!

I remember that channel of yours from YouTube, I think I even found a few new WoW machinimas from it. Keep up the good work!

Please visit #machinima at IRC (quakenet server) if you use it :)

--------------------
IRC -- #machinima @ Quakenet
Blog -- http://www.baronsoosdon.com
[Latest news about my on- and upcoming projects + random stuff!]

+Quote Post
Telemora
post Sep 6 2007, 09:43 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 34

Welcome to the site! :yes:

--------------------
Matt/Tedman/Telemora

www.origofilms.com

+Quote Post
wow2b
post Sep 7 2007, 11:15 AM
Post #6

QUOTE (Telemora @ Sep 6 2007, 01:43 PM) *
Welcome to the site! :yes:

Well, thanks so much for the kind welcome! (even from Oxhorn and BaronS!)

I hope it is okay to post links (couldnt find much about it in the forum FAQ) to my stream and blog cuz they are very much machinima related and I am rather proud of them...:)

World of Warcraft's Greatest Hits video stream (youtube.com)
http://www.youtube.com/stream?s=733020161

World of Warcraft's Greatest Video Hits blog
http://gazoo.net/wow2b

I would love to have any of you stop in and visit.. the stream has 200 of the best machinima and game related videos ever made... and the blog allows me to rant about all the work you guys do.

Sorry for the cheesy promo... but ya know, I am trying to get the word out and all that..hahaha! If this breaks any forum rules please don't hesitate to nuke this post.

Again, thanks for the welcome!

wow2b

+Quote Post
Justin
post Sep 7 2007, 12:02 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 656

QUOTE (wow2b @ Sep 7 2007, 02:15 PM) *
Well, thanks so much for the kind welcome! (even from Oxhorn and BaronS!)

I hope it is okay to post links (couldnt find much about it in the forum FAQ) to my stream and blog cuz they are very much machinima related and I am rather proud of them...:)

World of Warcraft's Greatest Hits video stream (youtube.com)
http://www.youtube.com/stream?s=733020161

World of Warcraft's Greatest Video Hits blog
http://gazoo.net/wow2b

I would love to have any of you stop in and visit.. the stream has 200 of the best machinima and game related videos ever made... and the blog allows me to rant about all the work you guys do.

Sorry for the cheesy promo... but ya know, I am trying to get the word out and all that..hahaha! If this breaks any forum rules please don't hesitate to nuke this post.

Again, thanks for the welcome!

wow2b

Have my own big library of best wow machinima :) Not 200, because there were higher standarts ^^. But all of them had something new, never seen before, inovative, and usually high quality. Not so many from Oxhorn's are there, most of the BaroonS' are there (maybe because I love HD ^^) and much much more :)

Gonna check your youtube now )

--------------------

+Quote Post
wow2b
post Sep 7 2007, 12:17 PM
Post #8

QUOTE (Justin @ Sep 7 2007, 04:02 AM) *
Have my own big library of best wow machinima :) Not 200, because there were higher standarts ^^. But all of them had something new, never seen before, inovative, and usually high quality. Not so many from Oxhorn's are there, most of the BaroonS' are there (maybe because I love HD ^^) and much much more :)

Gonna check your youtube now )

Hehehe... well, I try to appeal to the masses and introduce them to new and interesting ideas that machinima makers are creating. I also have a huge range of interest from old school vids to the newest and greatest and most amazing.

Thanks for visiting...:)

+Quote Post
Romily
post Sep 16 2007, 06:22 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 499

Welcome!

Good on you for helping spread the word and support the genre of machinima! We connected on YouTube but It's good that you added the links here. I didn't realize you had a stream there!

Glad to see you here! ;)

--------------------

+Quote Post
wow2b
post Sep 17 2007, 08:56 PM
Post #10

QUOTE (Romily @ Sep 16 2007, 10:22 AM) *
Welcome!

Good on you for helping spread the word and support the genre of machinima! We connected on YouTube but It's good that you added the links here. I didn't realize you had a stream there!

Glad to see you here! ;)

Although I have made a few primitive videos, I am just a passionate and dedicated fan... its you guys who do all the real work. It's a passion that kind of snuck up on me the more I watched your stuff.

The blog is growing daily, new folks stopping by and casting votes, reading articles and leaving comments... it's a lot of fun to write about machinima, so I am really enjoying it.

The best part, of course, is watching all your videos. We get thousands of stream visitors each week and I try to chat with as many of them as I can about both WoW and the machinima it gives birth to.

Oxhorn is the 'people's video maker'.. practically everyone who comes in, from schoolkids to grandma's, know the name "Oxhorn"and at least 2 or 3 of your videos... even when they know absolutely nothing else about machinima. ROFLMAO is the single most viewed and voted for video we have ever had in the stream. If you only knew how many laughs that generates in the stream...:) PersonallyI am constantly amazed at how many kids know the Muppets/Sesame Street reference this many years later..

Jun Falkenstein... one of the brightest stars in our stream. Snacky generates more comments than almost any other video series. One of the fans favorite things to do is quote their fave lines in our chatbox. If I had a nickel for every time someone quoted "Do you feel the burn??" ... I would be knee deep in nickels.

I could go on and on all day about this stuff... but at the end of the day, all I can say is I hope to do your work justice and treat it with the respect and attention it deserves. Thanks to all for doing what you do...:)

+Quote Post
Drewbie
post Sep 17 2007, 09:52 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 490

A couple glaring omissions from your Best Wow Vid creator: The Blizzard team and Oblivious Films.

--------------------

+Quote Post
wow2b
post Sep 17 2007, 11:01 PM
Post #12

QUOTE (Drewbie @ Sep 17 2007, 01:52 PM) *
A couple glaring omissions from your Best Wow Vid creator: The Blizzard team and Oblivious Films.

Yes, and I could have added 10 or 12 more if the poll had room.. it doesnt, I didnt, thats the way it goes. Blizzard does not make machinima per se....unless you wan to count gems like "I Am Murloc"... Blizzard makes cinematics and has a huge professional cinematics team to do it. Hardly the same thing, in my book.

+Quote Post
Olibith
post Sep 18 2007, 06:06 AM
Post #13

Member No.: 565

Welcome ! :happy:

--------------------

+Quote Post
TheGodfather
post Sep 18 2007, 07:31 AM
Post #14

Member No.: 2

QUOTE (wow2b @ Sep 18 2007, 12:01 AM) *
Yes, and I could have added 10 or 12 more if the poll had room.. it doesnt, I didnt, thats the way it goes. Blizzard does not make machinima per se....unless you wan to count gems like "I Am Murloc"... Blizzard makes cinematics and has a huge professional cinematics team to do it. Hardly the same thing, in my book.

You do realize that the cinematics team did not make the "I am murloc" movie right?

+Quote Post
wow2b
post Sep 18 2007, 05:36 PM
Post #15

QUOTE (Tristan @ Sep 17 2007, 11:31 PM) *
You do realize that the cinematics team did not make the "I am murloc" movie right?

I have mucho love for the Blizz teams, but my blog (and general interest) is geared towards the "Independent" movie maker, not the corporate teams. Even if it was made by a contracting independent party, to me that is still not what I would call community made machinima, hence they did not appear on my poll...:)

+Quote Post
wow2b
post Sep 18 2007, 06:25 PM
Post #16

QUOTE (Olibith @ Sep 17 2007, 10:06 PM) *
Welcome ! :happy:

Thanks!

+Quote Post
StoneFalconProdu...
post Sep 18 2007, 07:28 PM
Post #17

Member No.: 446

Hiya there!

Thanks for the kind words.

I do think "The Grind" by your definition does belong in the stream, though....well at least the Halloween special anyway which is on Youtube (I don't think the other eps. are up on YouTube Drewbie). They are pretty amateur, uh, I mean, Indie, *cough* :teehee: :laugh:

--------------------

+Quote Post
wow2b
post Sep 19 2007, 09:31 PM
Post #18

QUOTE (StoneFalconProductions @ Sep 18 2007, 11:28 AM) *
Hiya there!

Thanks for the kind words.

I do think "The Grind" by your definition does belong in the stream, though....well at least the Halloween special anyway which is on Youtube (I don't think the other eps. are up on YouTube Drewbie). They are pretty amateur, uh, I mean, Indie, *cough* :teehee: :laugh:

"The Grind" is in the stream (and has been for awhile now).. great video. Oblivious have a YouTube account which I am subbed to...I also have 'Helper' up on the stream as well. Great stuff... just didnt have a lot of room on the poll and since the blog is an extension of the stream, I chose to list vid makers in the poll that stream regulars would be most likely to be familiar with to at least some degree.

Oblivious makes great videos, they just dont have a great catalogue on YT, hence a somewhat less than stellar presence in the stream....yet...:)

Part of the function of the stream is to get the mainstream folks who come looking for the 'funny and fluffy' vids to start looking at more artsy work. To that end I try to keep a decent mix of fluff and more artsy content.

The blog is helpful because I can link to vids from anywhere there, pretty much, and that helps me get around the limitation of the stream being on YouTube and allowing YT videos only.

Do I have every video from every vid makers catalogue in the stream? No, I dont. Am I an expert on machinima? Absolutely not. I am a film fan first and foremost (and worked in the industry for 15+ years), and I am discovering the wild, wacky world of machinima and documenting my discoveries as I go...:)

I enjoy the fluff, I really enjoy the art... I watch videos from every niche and enjoy each niche for its own merits. I would go stir-crazy trying to compare Oxhorn to BaronSoosdon, but I thoroughly enjoy both creators content.

Damn, there I go again...ok cutting this short now.

Thanks for the replies all... appreciate hearing from you!

wow2b
(still in need of a sig)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th August 2020 - 11:18 PM| Skin Developed By Creative Networks