IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Wanted: Female voice actor for the long haul, It's like the least plausible thing I could ask for!
Sedrin of slashd...
post Sep 22 2007, 03:57 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 644

I have a few snags to get past before I can really dive into production for the next Redshift, and one of them is for a major female voice part. I had a voice actor lined up, but I haven't heard from her for months. This part will also be recurring indefinitely, so I really want someone who's reliable and willing to see the projects through. It almost feels like that's more important than the acting quality, at this point. >_<

I don't entirely expect to find someone who fits the bill here, but if anyone knows someone who knows someone else that has a guildmate who has a sister or something, even just a lead on this would be most helpful. ^_^;

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Forgotten Light
post Sep 22 2007, 07:18 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 676

QUOTE (Sedrin of slashdance @ Sep 21 2007, 08:57 PM) *
I have a few snags to get past before I can really dive into production for the next Redshift, and one of them is for a major female voice part. I had a voice actor lined up, but I haven't heard from her for months. This part will also be recurring indefinitely, so I really want someone who's reliable and willing to see the projects through. It almost feels like that's more important than the acting quality, at this point. >_<

I don't entirely expect to find someone who fits the bill here, but if anyone knows someone who knows someone else that has a guildmate who has a sister or something, even just a lead on this would be most helpful. ^_^;

Heh, you're subtitle says it all. I think just about every machinimaker here is looking for this.

--------------------

"There is only one stupid question. And it is 'How do I make it so that...' Please. Never ask it."

I hate the .divx format. I hate machinima.com. I hate them both for the exact same reason.

"If answerers elude you, it is likely you are asking the wrong questions." - Some old dude.

+Quote Post
TheGodfather
post Sep 24 2007, 12:06 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 2

QUOTE (Forgotten Light @ Sep 22 2007, 08:18 AM) *
Heh, you're subtitle says it all. I think just about every machinimaker here is looking for this.

If that is the case I suggest craigslist. It is amazing what you can get people to do for free, JUST MAKE SURE WHEN THEY COME YOU HAVE EXAMPLES OF THE WORK DONE so they don't think you are in your moms basement being creepy lol.. trust me I was in my moms basement auditioning girls :P

+Quote Post
Justin
post Sep 24 2007, 01:30 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 656

QUOTE (Machinima101 @ Sep 24 2007, 03:06 AM) *
If that is the case I suggest craigslist. It is amazing what you can get people to do for free, JUST MAKE SURE WHEN THEY COME YOU HAVE EXAMPLES OF THE WORK DONE so they don't think you are in your moms basement being creepy lol.. trust me I was in my moms basement auditioning girls :P

Ouch... what was your mom thinking about :D

--------------------

+Quote Post
StoneFalconProdu...
post Sep 25 2007, 12:18 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 446

Yeah, try Craigslist - and just promise to give them a dvd of the show when it's done, and you should be all set. Seems to work that way in Los Angeles, anyway. But yeah, or look into your local theater groups where you live and put up a flyer.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Romily
post Sep 26 2007, 10:19 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 499

Depending on how much time, how often and, of course, if you like my voice (the voice in the intro to my video "Revenge is Best Served Dead" - on my profile or directly on YouTube (author: Romily)), I might be interested.

Otherwise, this and other machinima forums might be a place to look. References recommended, as folks suggested. ;)

Good luck!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Justin
post Sep 27 2007, 02:22 PM
Post #7

[quote name='Romily'

+Quote Post
Justin
post Sep 27 2007, 02:22 PM
Post #8

QUOTE (Romily @ Sep 27 2007, 01:19 AM) *
Depending on how much time, how often and, of course, if you like my voice (the voice in the intro to my video "Revenge is Best Served Dead" - on my profile or directly on YouTube (author: Romily)), I might be interested.

Otherwise, this and other machinima forums might be a place to look. References recommended, as folks suggested. ;)

Good luck!

You've reminded me of some actress from recent movies ))

--------------------

+Quote Post
Romily
post Sep 27 2007, 03:16 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 499

QUOTE (Justin @ Sep 27 2007, 10:22 AM) *
You've reminded me of some actress from recent movies ))

Oooh! Who? ;) I grew up hearing I looked like Carrie Fisher but never had anyone comment on who I *sounded* like. ;)

FYI - I'm out of internet range for the next 4 days. Going to visit my Dad in the sticks of Pocono Mtns. See y'all Monday!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Justin
post Sep 27 2007, 07:00 PM
Post #10

QUOTE (Romily @ Sep 27 2007, 06:16 PM) *
Oooh! Who? ;) I grew up hearing I looked like Carrie Fisher but never had anyone comment on who I *sounded* like. ;)

FYI - I'm out of internet range for the next 4 days. Going to visit my Dad in the sticks of Pocono Mtns. See y'all Monday!

Maybe that's only my mega english :D But indeed I had that feeling ^^

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th February 2019 - 05:54 AM| Skin Developed By Creative Networks