IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Cooperative WoW machinima idea, Who's interested? Thoughts.
StoneFalconProdu...
post Sep 27 2007, 05:53 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 446

So I have this wacky idea - but if it's to work it would involve some cooperation. This is a thread to determine interest levels.

Who here hasn't laughed at the cheesy Holiday specials from the past (60's-80's)? Star Wars, Hanna Barbera characters, misc. variety show stars, etc. Others will probably spring to mind later. But the basic idea is that there's a group of characters that get together for a holiday show that would never have done so otherwise, to solve some wacky mystery adventure and end up singing a song with a mug of cocoa around a roaring fire in a log cabin.

I say we make one with everyone's machinima characters.

"The World of Warcraft Machinima Holiday Special" - packed with every holiday special cliche' in the book!

So everyone who currently has series characters or well-known characters - what do you think? If we get enough people willing to cooperate, I'll write some script and work everybody in, and we can have it out in time for this December.

EDIT: Did I put this in the wrong forum? Someone move it!!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Justin
post Sep 27 2007, 07:14 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 656

QUOTE (StoneFalconProductions @ Sep 27 2007, 08:53 PM) *
So I have this wacky idea - but if it's to work it would involve some cooperation. This is a thread to determine interest levels.

Who here hasn't laughed at the cheesy Holiday specials from the past (60's-80's)? Star Wars, Hanna Barbera characters, misc. variety show stars, etc. Others will probably spring to mind later. But the basic idea is that there's a group of characters that get together for a holiday show that would never have done so otherwise, to solve some wacky mystery adventure and end up singing a song with a mug of cocoa around a roaring fire in a log cabin.

"The World of Warcraft Machinima Holiday Special" - packed with every holiday special cliche' in the book!

So everyone who currently has series characters or well-known characters - what do you think? If we get enough people willing to cooperate, I'll write some script and work everybody in, and we can have it out in time for this December.

heh, I liked this idea since I've heard it some time ago. I think Martin Falch said it to some guy, who told that me :) You think same :P

--------------------

+Quote Post
Drewbie
post Sep 27 2007, 08:59 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 490

You already know I said we'd be all over it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Oxhorn
post Sep 27 2007, 09:41 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 15

I make my own Christmas movies every year, but I'd still be in for this. It sounds fun :)

--------------------

"There aint no creature in the land or sea quite as dear to me as the great kodo!"

+Quote Post
Dead Workers Par...
post Sep 28 2007, 12:15 AM
Post #5

Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 51

We don't really have any notable characters in our movies, but I love the idea. It seems like we all talked about this at BlizzCon but without the Holiday spin, which I really like and would work awesomely.

--------------------
Eric Fullerton
DEAD WORKERS PARTY

Check out our many fine podcasts!

+Quote Post
BaronSoosdon
post Sep 28 2007, 01:42 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 489

I'm in for it, but I have the same problem as the DWP guys - I do not have any good recognizable charachters of my own.

--------------------
IRC -- #machinima @ Quakenet
Blog -- http://www.baronsoosdon.com
[Latest news about my on- and upcoming projects + random stuff!]

+Quote Post
Sedrin of slashd...
post Sep 28 2007, 04:06 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 644

I love collaboration, count me in. But I also wanna hop on the qualifier bandwagon: I'm not sure how recognizable Redshift characters are, really... yet. :x

--------------------

+Quote Post
Telemora
post Sep 28 2007, 05:53 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 34

One option for people who don't have recognizable characters could be to skin a tabard with the author's logo on it.
Most of the logos are our avatars.

--------------------
Matt/Tedman/Telemora

www.origofilms.com

+Quote Post
Forgotten Light
post Sep 28 2007, 10:00 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 676

QUOTE (StoneFalconProductions @ Sep 27 2007, 10:53 AM) *

This sounds awesome. I've got a nice bunch of cool characters to pick from, so count me in.

--------------------

"There is only one stupid question. And it is 'How do I make it so that...' Please. Never ask it."

I hate the .divx format. I hate machinima.com. I hate them both for the exact same reason.

"If answerers elude you, it is likely you are asking the wrong questions." - Some old dude.

+Quote Post
Justin
post Sep 28 2007, 04:18 PM
Post #10

Leeroy must be in :)

--------------------

+Quote Post
StoneFalconProdu...
post Sep 28 2007, 06:46 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 446

I'm not sure how to include people that don't have characters in their films :confused: (EVEN THOUGH I LOVE YOUR STUFF DWP AND BARON) cause I'm envisioning a wacky scenario like a Scooby Doo mystery, and I think the whole appeal of this idea (for the audience) would be to see some well known machinima toons all getting together in one story. Unless maybe someone's watching a soosdon kinda thing on tv briefly. :teehee: Or maybe a title sequence?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sedrin of slashd...
post Sep 29 2007, 02:28 AM
Post #12

QUOTE (StoneFalconProductions @ Sep 28 2007, 11:46 AM) *
I'm envisioning a wacky scenario like a Scooby Doo mystery

Er... by holiday special, doesn't that mean Christmas time? Scooby Doo sounds more like Halloween...

Though I did just have a line pop into my head: "Do you ever get that feeling, like you're being ... clicked on?"

--------------------

+Quote Post
Forgotten Light
post Sep 29 2007, 06:17 AM
Post #13

QUOTE (Sedrin of slashdance @ Sep 28 2007, 07:28 PM) *
Though I did just have a line pop into my head: "Do you ever get that feeling, like you're being ... clicked on?"

That's brilliant.

--------------------

"There is only one stupid question. And it is 'How do I make it so that...' Please. Never ask it."

I hate the .divx format. I hate machinima.com. I hate them both for the exact same reason.

"If answerers elude you, it is likely you are asking the wrong questions." - Some old dude.

+Quote Post
UncleTom
post Sep 29 2007, 05:18 PM
Post #14

Member No.: 648

QUOTE (StoneFalconProductions @ Sep 28 2007, 11:46 AM) *
I'm not sure how to include people that don't have characters in their films :confused: (EVEN THOUGH I LOVE YOUR STUFF DWP AND BARON) cause I'm envisioning a wacky scenario like a Scooby Doo mystery, and I think the whole appeal of this idea (for the audience) would be to see some well known machinima toons all getting together in one story. Unless maybe someone's watching a soosdon kinda thing on tv briefly. :teehee: Or maybe a title sequence?

omg, yes. This sounds awesome. I want to reprise my version of Doo. ;)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sedrin of slashd...
post Sep 29 2007, 07:43 PM
Post #15

Oo, oo... maybe the characters should be searching for the missing premiere of Return 2.

<_<

--------------------

+Quote Post
Justin
post Sep 29 2007, 09:29 PM
Post #16

QUOTE (Sedrin of slashdance @ Sep 29 2007, 10:43 PM) *
Oo, oo... maybe the characters should be searching for the missing premiere of Return 2.

<_<

but on the journey they found IDEFO :D

--------------------

+Quote Post
Forgotten Light
post Sep 29 2007, 10:34 PM
Post #17

QUOTE (Justin @ Sep 29 2007, 02:29 PM) *
but on the journey they found IDEFO :D

Only it was in some wierd format and the next act would be QUEST FOR A CODEC

--------------------

+Quote Post
UncleTom
post Sep 30 2007, 03:02 AM
Post #18

Member No.: 648

QUOTE (Sedrin of slashdance @ Sep 29 2007, 12:43 PM) *

<_<

This idea is awesome.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dead Workers Par...
post Sep 30 2007, 08:39 AM
Post #19

Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 51

lol

I like where this is going.

--------------------
Eric Fullerton
DEAD WORKERS PARTY

Check out our many fine podcasts!

+Quote Post
Sedrin of slashd...
post Oct 1 2007, 11:17 PM
Post #20

Psst, Jun! Get back here before I hijack your idea!

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2019 - 04:54 AM| Skin Developed By Creative Networks